Powerful Tools Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information that you have provided to us. This privacy notice informs you why we are asking for the information in this form and how we will use it, and any other personal information you provide to us throughout our working relationship in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’), and our Terms and Conditions of business. UK Planet Tools Limited is a ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for determining how we hold, process and protect personal data. We are required under General Data Protection Regulation legislation to notify you of the information contained within this privacy notice.
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Powerful Tools Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998; Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies); Powerful Tools Ltd,
we or us
Powerful Tools Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08695834 whose registered office is at 170 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 1BP; UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011; User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Powerful Tools Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Powerful Tools Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, 2ls.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Data protection principles
We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation law. This of which states that the personal information we hold about you must be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
• Accurate and kept up to date;
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
• Kept securely.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we will use information theat you provide us with
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Powerful Tools Ltd is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 1 month.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Where any of the information you provide in this form, or otherwise, constitutes “personal data”, we will only use that information to conduct business with you and for related purposes, which include:
• Communicating with you;
• Making a decision about whether to extend credit to you;
• Performing any contracts, we have with you;
• Issuing invoices to you;
• Updating and enhancing client records;
• Analysis to enable us to manage our statutory returns. The legal basis we rely on for processing any personal information in this way is one or more of the following:
• Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into which you or to take steps to enter into a contract with you.
• Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated or new purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we will, if necessary, process your personal information without your knowledge or consent. This is in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Sharing your information
We will not ordinarily share your information with anyone else, however, there may be certain circumstances where we will be required to share your information with organisations as part of our business relationship and to ensure all needs are met. We will comply with the Data Protection Act when sharing any of your information. Where it is required or necessary, we may share information with:
• Suppliers and distributors;
• Delivery Companies;
• Repair Agents;
• Payment Facility providers;
• Website Development Software providers;
• Legal Advisers;
• Financial Organisations;
• Third Party Credit Reference Companies (with your consent);
• Courts and Tribunals;
• Press and the Media.
Third party websites and services
- Powerful Tools Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
How long do we keep information about you?
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
How can you access and control your personal data?
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act. If we do hold information about you, we will:
• Provide you with a description of the data;
• Inform you of the purposes in which we are holding it;
• Advise who it has been disclosed to (if anyone); and
• Permit you have a copy of it in an intelligible form. You may also have the right for your personal information to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances. You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see contact details at the head of this page). Please mark the request for the attention of Valeriy Halahan.
- Data security is of great importance to Powerful Tools Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Powerful Tools Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|Targeting cookies||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
If you believe that any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you have the right to ask us to rectify that information at any time.
You also have the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we remove your personal information, to block any further use of your personal information, or to object to the use of your personal information. There are some specific circumstances in which these rights do not apply, and we can refuse to deal with your request. If we are processing your personal information based upon your consent (e.g. as part of our marketing or promotional activities or to make a voluntary referral to an external supplier), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. If you require any further information about your rights to rectification, erasure, restriction of or object to processing, or you do wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us.
You can withdraw your consent by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Powerful Tools Ltd, The Pinnacle, 170 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK9 1BP, UK
We take any complaints we receive about the collection and use of personal information very seriously. We would encourage you to bring it to our attention if you think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or if you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact the ICO at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane. Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Last Edited on 2018-07-06